8 ways to take care of yourself
Starting or maintaining your existing makeup artistry business can be physically exhausting. Long hours, a demanding schedule, serving clients, networking, and office work can take a toll on your body and mind. Taking care of yourself is a must and personal top priority to ensure that you can withstand your workload. Putting yourself first can feel like foreign territory to a business owner who is involved in a service based industry like makeup artistry. It is very easy to always think of others’ needs and forget about yourself. By putting yourself first will actually benefit your customers and business. When you feel good, you can provide peak performance to others. Serving yourself allows you to serve others.
By forming great habits that create physical and mental endurance, you will experience growth in your business. Here are some suggestions:
- Eat healthy live foods that provide energy and life to your body
- Drink water all day as much as you can and feel that you need
- Exercise daily even it is for a few minutes
- Get nightly sleep and daytime naps
- Create a things to do list and check off as you go. Allow yourself to carry over uncompleted tasks into the following day.
- Manage your time for activities that bring you joy
- Make good decisions that propel your life forward
- Pray and meditate for clarity
It’s the little things that you do in private that create big things in public. The small positive habits that you create will manifest into greater habits and you will experience significant change.
Stamp your name at the end of your day and know that you did your best!