How Not to Look Completely Orange
Bronzer, How Not to Look Completely Orange Let me get this out of the way, I love bronzer! I am also born and raised in Northern NJ. I will not leave the house without a sun-kissed glow, it is almost as important as brushing my teeth but we need to be honest that sometimes we all go a little overboard or worse buy the cheap stuff. Either of these egregious offenses give that instant tan a bad name and for that matter my home state but I want to absolve our bronzer sin with a few simple tips and products so that we look sun-kissed instead of burnt orange.
First, let’s talk about what to do and what not to do.
- You have to think of bronzer like highlighter, not like an all over powder or concealer.
- If you brush bronzer all over your beautiful face you look muddy and unfresh. Worse if you use the wrong bronzer and do the all over sweep, you could look like a Syracuse Mascot!
- The easiest way to highlight with bronzer is to make a “3”on both sides of your face, it provides great contour to any face.
- Want to look like you spent the weekend on the beach? Try applying bronzer to the middle of your forehead, bridge of your nose and the apples of your cheeks.
- If you are looking for a little warmth, just apply a small amount to the apples of your cheeks.
Now let’s talk product…never skimp on product. Yes there are always cost friendly options i.e. the drugstore cosmetics aisle but I feel the need to stress this point…..if a store sells clothes chances are their make-up is not exactly a “good” quality. I am sure right now someone reading this is thinking…”Nope I got the greatest bronzer from H & M and you are wrong Kelly” If that’s you, and you love the product than go with it but if it’s not here is a few options for every beauty budget:
Drugstore: Rimmel London Natural Bronzer in SunLight- provides great coverage and gives a subtle fresh from the shore glow.
Beauty Store: Benefit’s Hoola Matte Bronzer, amazing coverage and the perfect bronze color
High-End Brand: Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Golden Light…just perfect from color to coverage. It gives you a fresh from St. Tropez look for about 1% of a plane ticket there! A must for those who love a great bronzer.
However you want to use bronzer remember make it look natural, blend your edges and use a color that would appear in nature.
About the Author:
I have been in fashion merchandising/styling for the past 15 years and love how make-up pulls a look together! A manicure is the best accessory in my opinion and I will not leave the house without my eyebrows penciled or powdered. My own style is very bohemian but I love styling everyone from the girliest of girls to the most professional woman. When I am not sitting in my closet planning my next outfit you can find me in the studio creating art for my PeaceBeauty&Joy line or watching a hockey game 🙂